Monday, December 24, 2012

Holi-Déjà vu

Just like Thanksgiving, Charlotte woke up in a good mood, but by 11:00 a.m. we could tell she wasn't feeling well.

For one thing, Char gets very polite when she's running a fever. She answers every question with a whispery, "No, thank you" or "Yes, please." She's not a rude child, but those responses are not in our everyday dialogue.

Secondly, Daphne and I can just tell when she's sick. It's a bit hard to describe. Her eyes get glassy, but there's something else there, too. I guess it's just a parent thing. You spend so much time taking care of someone that you can instantly feel when things are off. My mom can still tell when I'm not feeling well before I know it myself.

Sadly, no Christmas Eve service for us, and Char's snazzy Xmas dress is hanging silent in her room. As for Char, she's in our bed, sleeping off her fever with her mom.

Man, I hope she feels better tomorrow. I don't want our little girl to miss her Christmas entirely.


No comments:

Post a Comment