Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tales from Community Cookbooks

I could make "Tales From Community Cookbooks" a blog by itself, but I don't need another self-imposed time consumer. I'll just leave it as a continuing series here at Charlotte's Pocket.

In Honor of Melissa and Her Grandma

I like old cook book pages with folded corners; you know the fold marks a favored recipe. What's even cooler is finding handwritten notes on those pages. 

In a disposable culture where most written communication is electronic, a cursive note written in pencil somehow carries more weight than it probably should.


Pre-parent Brent wouldn't give this notation a second glance. Now I tear up a bit.

Don't Try This at Home



Out of curiosity I Googled "popcorn turkey dressing":
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=popcorn+turkey+dressing&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Apparently, this is a funny joke with the recipe crowd... But I can see why Gary didn't submit his whole name.

PS. Excessive exclamation point use really bugs me, Gary.

No comments:

Post a Comment