Friday, October 19, 2012

My New Normal


Lately, when Char and I drive to daycare In the morning, we sing Clifford songs together.


As I was driving home from work yesterday, I found myself three songs deep into this CD before I realized I was all by myself. I was even singing along. I quickly turned the stereo to a radio station, but it was too late. The damage was done.

Later, while mulching fallen leaves with my mower, I kept singing, "Clifford the dog has five bones. Clifford the dog has five bones. Clifford the dog has five bones. Smile, Clifford, smile. Boom Boom."

I tried to switch my metal soundtrack to a song by the Black Keys, but I couldn't. Thirty seconds later, I was back chewing bones with Clifford.

I use to Rock and Roll.

Now I Rocky and Bullwinkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment