Let’s check the horror shelf in memory of Tim Curry.
I found Mr. Curry’s LP, Read my Lips (1978), in a thrift store in Victoria, Canada. I think the autograph looks legit. I almost didn’t buy the record because I didn’t want to worry about how to get it home...
But then I remembered he portrayed Pennywise in 1990’s TV miniseries It. Talk about nightmare fuel.
People paid to see Tom Cruise in 1985’s Legend, but they went home talking about Tim Curry’s Darkness (and his horns). Legend, indeed.
Speaking of horns, Curry voiced the Goblin King in Scooby-Doo and the Goblin King in 2008, and that might be the only Scooby-Doo movie that scared Char.
Curry also voiced the Mastermind in the Scooby-Doo: Night of 100 Frights video game in 2002.
Speaking of Scooby-Doo, I'm displaying this poster in honor of Curry’s performance as Ben Ravencroft in Scooby-Doo! and the Witch’s Ghost (1999). This poster hung in Charlotte’s room for a couple of years.
Tim, thanks for the music, the laughs, and the frights.
I don’t have anything scary to refer to when I write about the loss of Dolly Parton, but I do have a cherished memory. It is also proof that Parton’s music has the ability to reach anyone at any age.
I posted this in 2017 when Charlotte was six years old:
"Char discovered this Dolly Parton song while watching World of Dance.
Even her cats like it!"
I think Char replayed that YouTube video over and over for about 40 minutes, and I couldn't stop smiling the whole time.
Dolly, thanks for the music, the laughs and the love.


No comments:
Post a Comment