Wednesday, February 10, 2021

There Goes the Water Bill

This arrived in the mail yesterday. It was an impulse buy/gift for Charlotte.


It's a splash-proof speaker. I thought music might make taking a shower more fun for her.


The shower's grab bar is too wide for the included clip, so I suspended it from a zip-tie. The suction cup on the back keeps the speaker facing forward.


This is the kind of thing I would have loved to have when I was a kid, so I was pretty sure this surprise was going to be a hit with Char. The speaker easily connected to my laptop through bluetooth, and we fired up YouTube for Parry Gripp's Mega Party. Before long, I could hear her through the door singing along with "It's Raining Tacos." 

How well does it play music? Charlotte exclaimed, "It's awesome! It's like standing inside my headphones!" 

That's high praise. I might have to get a speaker for myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment