Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Here Comes 5th Grade!

Hermione Granger shirt  
Deathly Hollows necklace ✔
Gryffindor tie ✔


Cat mask ✔


Looks like we're ready for the first day of 5th grade!


The Urbandale School District is in a "hybrid model" right now. Char will go to school on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and on every other Monday. Daphne and I teach everyday, and our class sizes are much smaller.

I have had students tell me today that they are relieved to be back, but I haven't heard much laughter in the hallways. I don't think it is because of the masks that everyone has to wear. This isn't the school year that anyone wanted.

But according to that wall behind her, Char grew more than a brick since last year:


And she will be standing in front of a middle school wall before I know it.

I am going to try to remember that when I'm having a bad mask-day. Although the dark days do drag on, time flies by, and eventually all things must pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment