Sunday, June 7, 2020

How Did You Spend June 7? (National VCR Day)

National VCR Day is exactly my kind of holiday. Most people threw out their VCRs years ago. I think I still have three (or four).

This is a great day to celebrate in the garage! I pulled this JVC Hi-Fi Stereo VCR out of storage and dusted it off.


I ran this old head cleaner tape through the JVC, but that was mostly for nostalgia. I don't really think these tapes do much.


It's unnecessary, but I wanted to see if this universal remote would work with the JVC.


They don't print VHS codes for these remotes anymore, but the DVD/VHS combo machine code 0692 was successful.


I haven't seen this videocassette message in quite awhile. (See, it is Hi-Fi!) I wonder what the movie will be?


Charlotte's grandpa and grandma dropped off a box of VHS tapes awhile ago, and we found The Princess Diaries in the mix. Fun fact: Garry Marshall also directed Pretty Woman. Thematically, the movies are close, and Hector Elizondo plays a similar role in both films.


Daphne really likes The Princess Diaries, and now Char has become a fan. The VHS image looks pretty good.


The Princess Diaries is probably better than the VHS movie tapes that I picked out.


Yeah, much better...

Happy VHS Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment