Thursday, August 18, 2016

A McWHAT?

I can do a pretty good job of making Charlotte a simple breakfast to eat before we leave the house, but I can never remember to make a sandwich for myself for lunch.

Last school year I made quite a few trips to McDonald's for lunch, and  after awhile I noticed that although I enjoyed eating the hamburgers, I didn't feel very good later. I didn't get sick, but I just felt not well.

I made a promise to myself to not eat at the golden arches for the entire summer, and I accomplished my goal... except for when we were in Canada. I almost drove the rental car off the road when I spotted this sign.


A McLOBSTER? Oh man, I just had to try that! It was time to turn around and break a promise. Char was also excited because this Micky D's had a big Play Place. Daphne walked in a few steps behind us, and she shared none of our excitement. 

I ate my sandwich while Charlotte climbed up and slid down a tower of plastic and rope. She later told Grandma Maureen that her favorite thing about her trip up north was, "Playing at McDonald's!" That made Daphne cringe. 

Here's the McLOBSTER ($8.99 in Canadian dollars).  Does it say "Gout" at the top of the container?


I was a bit disappointed with the amount of fillings. There's a lot open space in there. But the meat looked like a real lobster claw, and it kinda tasted like a real lobster claw. I'm no expert on sea food, so I'm just glad I took the time to try it. These won't be selling in Iowa any time soon.

When we left, Daphne was finally glad, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment