Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Dinner and a Show

The Iowa National Guard hosts a series of free concerts at Camp Dodge in June. All you need is an ID to get in, and you can bring your lawn chairs, coolers, and picnic baskets. Tailgating is allowed, but we buy dinner from the concession stand. 

The food is prepared by Trostel's Greenbrair, and Daphne and I get the grinder made with Graziano sausage and topped with a gooey cheese sauce and pickled jalapeƱos. I go for the candied bacon for a side (really healthy, I know). Luckily, the handmade chips are good for you. 


The Tony Valdez Large Band show was rained out, but they were rescheduled on July 2 - my birthday! Charlotte grooved to the Latin beat all night. Here she is getting creative with the camping chairs' carry bags.


I love how Char's dancing evolved into a magic act.

No comments:

Post a Comment