Tuesday, January 28, 2020

I Wood Not Do It

Here's the stereo I use in my classroom. Everything came from a thrift store, even the pencil sharpener.


I use this DVD player to play CDs. It cost $1.99 at Goodwill, and I picked it because it has a silver faceplate that looks similar to what was used on vintage audio equipment. It's too bad that wood grained DVD players were never a thing.


To make it blend in a bit more, I wrapped the silver metal shell with some shelf paper I left over from my multi-cade cabinet.



I wish I had used a darker wood grain design, but this looks passable. And it makes me smile when I see it in the morning at work. That in itself is worth the price of admission.


Putting shelf paper on a DVD player might seem like a waste, but I can think of a bigger one. It wasn't that many years ago when people were stampeding over each other to get to a Black Friday sale on DVD players. Now these players aren't worth as much as a Starbucks coffee.

I don't care what it is, no product is worth hurting someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment